Sunday, September 14, 2008

Homegrown print shops


This weeks blog stems from the idea I had about writing an article about homegrown print shops. These print shop range from non-profit community-driven shops to artists and the studio. I am going to feature the minds behind the shops as well as what types of printing they produce. First, I will start with one that I am familiar with; Red Delicious Press. I was introduced to this press by a former classmate and co-founding member of RDP, Lisa Dimichelle. Located in a suburb of Denver, the shop employs non-toxic techniques and also features a press that was reconstructed using bits and pieces from other presses. The press was painted red (with beautiful hand-painted pin striping), hence the name Red Delicious.
i hope to get back there and do some work at the press.

No comments: